Orthopedic Treatments in India
Orthopedic surgery entails surgical procedures aimed at correcting bones or muscles deformities. The treatment of the musculoskeletal disorder requires both surgical and nonsurgical operations. Orthopedic treatment involves problems at the bones joints and body muscles.
India’s orthopedic surgeons are trained to handle the following disorders and diseases;
- Growth abnormalities
- Knocked knees, bowed legs or unsymmetrical leg length.
- Fractures and dislocations
Most foreign tourists visit India for the following types of orthopedic surgeries;
- Joint replacement is a surgical operation done to reinstate free movement at the joints. The lack of free movement or pain at the joint may be caused by a degenerated or diseased joint for example, on account of severe arthritis. The operation is ideal for anyone in need of knee or hip replacement surgery. A total joint replacement involves the exchange of the damaged bone or muscle with a plastic or metal thereby relieving the patient from pain and at the same time increasing the angle of rotation at the shoulder joint.
- Spinal surgery is done to correct congenital or other anomalies affecting the spine. However, an extensive spinal surgery calls for professionals from different fields, for example, neurologists and neurosurgeons. The most familiar type of spinal surgery is spinal fusion and involves putting together the vertebrae.
- Keyhole surgery (Arthroscopic) is an operation involving boring of a tiny opening of the skin to pave the way for a surgical treatment at a joint. An arthroscopic procedure could be done on the shoulder, knee or elbow.
- Arthritis management; arthritis results from the wearing off of the cartilage. The wearing is then depicted in the pain and stiffness occurring at the joints.
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeries are a surgical treatment for children with musculoskeletal disorders. The treatment covers congenital irregularities and other inheritable deformations.
- ACL reconstruction involves stabilizing tendon of the knee. The rebuilding by the orthopedics may be called for after an abrupt turn of the knee the wrong way. The medical doctor would then take away the torn ligament, and then use the patient's tissue to reconstruct another ACL. Finally, the new ACL is attached to the bone using screws or any other appropriate means.
Every year, India receives medical tourists who require orthopedic care. A large number of visitors from all over the globe are due to the country rich in qualified orthopedics using the modern equipment to perform successful surgeries. It comforts to have a cost effective orthopedic doctor near you like in India.